St Edmund's is a Catholic Voluntary Aided School open to boys and girls aged 11 to 16 of all abilities.
The School was established by the Roman Catholic people of Portsmouth to provide a Christian education for their children within the discipline and tradition of the Catholic Church. The fundamental aim of the School today is to present a clear Christian philosophy and way of life, providing opportunities in which Christian values may develop.
We ask all parents applying for a place at St Edmund's Catholic School to respect our Catholic ethos and its importance to the School community.
This does not affect the right of parents who are not of the faith of this School to apply for and be considered for a place here.
The majority of students are located within the boundaries of the City of Portsmouth, with most individuals transferring from four city primary schools. However, the area served by the school extends to the nearby towns of Gosport and Fareham and embraces some 31 primary schools altogether.
The main feeder Catholic primary schools to St Edmund's are:
- St. Swithun's Catholic Primary School, Portsmouth
- Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School, Portsmouth
- St John's Cathedral Catholic Primary School, Portsmouth
- St Paul's Catholic Primary School, Portsmouth
- St Mary's Catholic Primary School, Gosport
Please select from the relevant links below:
- In Year Transfer (if your child is already in a secondary school and you want to transfer click here)