September 2021 Admissions - Important Information
If you want to apply for a Year 7 place, September 2022, please follow the guidelines issued to you by the Local Authority Admissions Team.
Enquiries for September 2022 Admission contact:
Local Authority Admissions Service on: 023 9268 8008
Supplementary Information Form (SIF)
If you are expressing a preference for a place for your child at St Edmund’s Catholic School, you must complete and return the SIF to the Admissions Officer at the school or Portsmouth Local Authority Admissions Department.
If you do not complete this form, the Governors will only be able to rank your child on the information provided by the application form and in the event of over-subscription, the Governors would be unable to apply the correct tie-break criteria and as a result, your child may be ranked lower down the list, which could result in your child not being allocated a school of your choice.
Please note: If your child is a Baptised Catholic you only need to submit a completed SIF. You must attach a copy of the child's certificate. You do not need to get this signed by your parish priest.
For families who are applying under the category of Eastern Orthodox or other Christian churches the Supplementary Information Form must be completed by parents before it is taken to the priest, minister etc. to be signed.
Please note, the SIF is NOT an application form.
Allocation - The Local Authority Admissions Service will post letters or Email parents on 1st March 2022 informing them of their child's allocated School.
Acceptance/Refusal - The form issued by the Local Authority Admission Service must be completed and returned by the date specified in your allocation letter/email.
Waiting List - All parents whose child has been unsuccessful in gaining a place at the School will be informed by the LA of their option to write place the child's name on the waiting list and must be received by the date specified on your allocation letter/email.
Withdrawing applications - The parents must contact the Local Authority Admission Service if they wish to withdraw their child from the allocation list.
The Governing Body reserves the right to withdraw any school place offered if it is reasonably established that false or misleading information has been used to gain a place at the school, even if the child has started.
All appeals for Year 7 September 2022 Admission are being undertaken on behalf of St Edmund's Catholic School by the Local Authority Admissions department. Appeal forms are available on the Portsmouth City Council Website.
Please contact the Local Authority department directly on 02392 688008.
1. Offer emails and letters will be sent to Parents/Carers by the Local authority on Monday 1st March 2022.
2. The deadline for Parents/Carers to lodge an appeal will be Friday 25th March 2022.
3. Appeal hearings TBC.
4. Appellants will be given at least 10 school days' notice of the date and location of the appeal hearing unless parents have signed a waiver clause to agree less notice.
5. Appellants will be able to submit additional evidence to support their appeal where possible. This should be done in advance of the appeal hearing as this will enable photocopying and circulation to all parties in advance of the hearing.
6. Decision letters will be sent to Parents/Carers within five school days of the hearing.
7. Appeals lodged after Friday 25th March 2022 will be heard during the summer term if possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
In accordance with the 1998 Education Act, as amended by the 2002 Education Act, parents have the right to appeal against the Governors' refusal to admit their child/children, and should contact the Local Admissions department based at the civic Offices (see address below) requesting an Appeal Pack. For September 2019 Admission, requests for appeal must be received by Friday 25th March 2021.
The completed Appeal Pack should be returned by the date shown on the form to:
Education - Inclusion Service
Core 5, Floor 2
The Appeal Panel is entirely independent of the Governors and of the Local Authority.