Use of Bursary
The bursary money for 2019-2020 academic year is now available for those eligible for Free School Meals.
As a public funded organisation the school is accountable for the money and must be able to demonstrate proof of expenditure via a receipt. I am aware that some support has already been given to parents via their bursary. All bursary money needs to be spent by Monday 29th June 2020. To access the bursary there is a claim form which needs to be completed prior to any money allocated. (Transactions must total over £10 per claim form).
We have increased the bursary which now amounts to £110 and is available for parents to use during this academic year. (This money cannot be given directly to parents) but spent in school at the request of parents. However, if the technology or building fund has not been paid for this academic year this will be deducted from the bursary.
For example, the bursary could be used for:
- Contribute towards the cost of uniform.
- Supplement the cost of a school trip.
- Pay for specific school related resources.
- Pay for work experience (Year 10 only).
- Go towards paying the school building fund or technology.
- Contribution towards music tuition.
- Other agreed expenditure.
The bursary form can be obtained from the documents listed below.
Please note that the bursary cannot be carried forward to the next academic year.
If you would like to use the bursary for uniform:
1. Complete and return the PPG Bursary form 19-20 (document below) by the deadline of the 29th June 2020 and return to Lslight@saintedmunds.org.uk
2. Complete either the KS3 or KS4 uniform form and send to Lslight@saintedmunds.org.uk
The school will collate the uniform and will contact you once the order is available. Please be aware that the school is still awaiting a delivery of some of the uniform items.
If you would like to know how much bursary you have left please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Timings as to when the uniform shop will be open for next year's uniform will be confirmed to all parents/carers in due course with social-distancing measures taken into account.