Monday 21st - Friday 25th October 2019 (Week B)
Half Term: 28th October - 1st November Inclusive
Car Parking on the School Site
Please note that the school can no longer accommodate any car parking for visitors entering the school site.
Alternative car parking can be found at: Railway View (free). Claxton Street (free). Cottage View (free). Highfield Road (free). Milford Road (free). Asda Portsmouth (3 hours free parking). In the school vicinity (pay and display).
We are trying to encourage our staff and visitors to utilise public transport or cycling/walking where possible. Over the summer the school has invested in new bike sheds which we welcome any visitor to utilise when visiting our school.
For lets after school i.e. swimming clubs car parking access is available from 4.15pm.
High Expectations High Outcomes
St Edmund's is a thriving, positive and happy environment where individuals achieve excellent levels of personal development. The students and staff recognize the importance of the school's Catholic and Christian education and are committed to it in every way. Working with students we aim to foster a growth and commitment to the love and service of Christ through the teachings of the Catholic Church.
We are very proud of the results gained this year which can be viewed on our examinations page. St Edmund's continues to be the best school in Portsmouth and Hampshire.
As a reminder, students must arrive in school and conform to the School Uniform policy. Below is an extract from the school uniform policy:
- Hair must be kept clean and tidy. Hairstyles should be appropriate and not contain exaggerated colours, styles or adornments. No unnatural coloured braiding/weaves/dreadlock braiding beads or metal cuffs or extensions allowed. Hair which is shaven should be no shorter than grade 2 and equal throughout. Hair with shaved head designs and undercuts are NOT permitted.
- Make-up, nail varnish and conspicuous hairdressings are NOT permitted. These are not suitable for School.
- The wearing of all forms of jewellery is NOT permitted. Exceptions are made for a watch and/or crucifix to be worn underneath the shirt/blouse. A maximum of one small gold/silver stud earring may be worn in each earlobe. Multiple stretched/bars/dangly earrings/facial piercings/body piercings and stretchers are NOT permitted.
- Badges are NOT permitted, with the exception of those awarded by the School.
The Governors are clear that we are consistent and apply the Uniform Policy stringently. It is this consistency that ensures the school achieves high standards and prepares young people for the challenges that may lie ahead in work.
There are many aspects of school life which might be different to home, which is also often the case in the world of work. However, the school policy has not changed which parents/carers ‘sign up to’ by selecting St Edmund’s. There are other Secondary Schools who may have different policies on this issue which fit more comfortably with families own personal lifestyles. Governors and I are certain that the combination of a consistent and stringent uniform policy brings has resulted in the school being an over-subscribed school, with outstanding levels of academic achievement.
Good luck to Year 11 who have left us and we pray that they will continue ‘to do all things with the help of God who strengthens me.’
Mr Simon Graham - Headteacher
Latest School Tweets
11 Oct Art Image of the Week by Year 10 student https://t.co/jSABjFMEc3
11 Oct Art image of the week by Year 10 student https://t.co/2GiqNtbZWz
11 Oct St Edmund's Catholic School Prom Fayre aimed at all Year 11s in Portsmouth. £1 payable on the door. Wednesday 13th… https://t.co/s3FGLf5CMV
11 Oct We are hosting a Prom Fayre on Wed 13 Nov 7-9pm aimed at all Yr 11 students in the City and we’re giving you the op… https://t.co/iZZIN5HqVp
BBC News School Report
Latest St Edmund's School News
- New Exciting Event aimed at Current Year 11 Students across the City
- Education Sunday 20th October 2019, 10am
- 7th - 11th October Reading Week
- New for this year a Prom Fayre - 13th November 2019
Solent TV News Report
Latest School Calendar Events
- School Production20Jun2018
7:00 pm - 23 jun, 9:00 pm
- New Parents Induction Evening02Jul2018
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Year 7 Tutor Evening (timings by appointment with Tutor)24Oct2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm