Monday 23rd - Friday 27th November 2020 (Week B)
Important Changes To The School Calendar
27th November is a normal school working day. Our next Inset day is on Monday 4th January 2021.
Our Christmas Charity this year is, ‘Caritas InSight’. There is a group at St John’s Cathedral who are putting together food hampers/parcels for people who may need a bit of support this Christmas. We did this very successfully at Harvest time for St Simon’s Church this year. So now, let us think about people who may need some support this Christmas. As a school we invite every Tutor Group to contribute a box of tinned or dried foods (non-perishable) to be in school by Wednesday 9th December so that these can be delivered to St John's Cathedral in time for the food to be put into hampers/parcels and delivered before Christmas.
Thank you in advance for your support.
Fiona, School Chaplain
Headteacher's Statement (5th November 2020)
National Lockdown: Covid-19 and School Implications
As you are aware England is once again facing new restrictions as a result of the increase in the number of Covid-19 cases. Unlike the lockdown in March, all children will be able to continue to come into school and have a full education. This we believe to be essential if we are to protect the well-being and long-term futures of our children. The National Guidance states that ‘Senior Clinicians still advise that school is the best place for students to be, and so they should continue to go to school’. Click here to view the full Head's Statement.
In light of the current lockdown implemented by the Government please note the following:
- Parents will be UNABLE to visit the school UNLESS it is a pre-arranged meeting or medical emergency.
- Dropping off items (i.e. PE kit/lunch) will NOT be permitted as this would be 'non essential' travel and against the national lockdown guidelines.
- All staff and students will be required to wear a plain mask whilst moving around the school inside the buildings.
- If individuals have an exemption card this must be worn at all times and the appropriate supporting medical evidence shared with the school.
- Parents should only collect/drop off students if absolutely necessary and should remain in their car.
Year 9 Parents evening has been re-calendared to Thursday 21st January 2021 and will be virtual
Due to the cancellation of Key Stage 2 tests in Primary Schools, we have decided to carry out another form of assessment. This Assessment comprises of 3 short tests (30 minutes each) and will take place over the course of 3 weeks. The results will be used internally to form a baseline and to support us with target settings.
These assessments are online and your child will need to ensure they have their own headphones and a reading book with them on the specified dates. Click here to view the key dates when these tests are being carried out.
Any Year 11 student who needs to attend a College open evening in person or virtually that starts before you have a chance to get home after Period 6 MUST bring a signed note in their planners from their parents to say they are excused from Period 6 for that day. This will mean the Year 11 student will be allowed to leave at 3.10pm that day. The student must show the note to tutors in the morning who will sign their planners to say they have seen it. If this is not done we will not be able to let the student leave the school site and they must attend Period 6.
Latest School Tweets
19 Oct Would you like to work in an outstanding school? We currently have a vacancy for a Head of Learning (Maternity Leav… https://t.co/I7CoRMhoGJ
30 Sep Due to an overwhelming response our Open Morning on Saturday 10th October is now fully booked. We are pleased to o… https://t.co/0xsvyxxfgM
30 Sep We currently have a vacancy for a Science Technician and a Teaching Assistant (Maternity Leave). For full details… https://t.co/NJLQnjiB5q
21 Sep An amazing Geography homework project by a Year 9 student. https://t.co/GjLVT2kmP6
Music Department - Folk Weekend
Latest St Edmund's School News
- Rescheduling of Certificate Evening
- Key Dates for CAT Tests
- Student Headphones
- Important Update for Year 11 Leavers 2020
Ports Diocese Youth Film
Latest School Calendar Events
- Year 11 Parents Evening (virtual)26Nov2020
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Important reminder that the school is open today for all students and the Inset Day has been moved to the 4th January 2021 instead27Nov2020
- Year 11 Leavers 2020 Certificate Evening03Dec2020
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Please read STW information due to timings