Summer Ball & Certificate Evening
8 October 2020 (by Lisa Slight (lslight))
Important Update for Year 11 Leavers 2020
Re: Summer Ball and Certificate Evening
I hope that you are all well and enjoying life at your College or Young Apprenticeship. I’m sure you’ve managed to settle in to the new routines by now.
The reason I’m writing is to confirm the decisions made around the Summer Ball and Certificate Evening in light of the recent national changes made by the Government.
The Summer Ball has sadly been cancelled. There has been no move to allow larger gatherings, in fact the rule of 6 makes this even less likely to change. Refunds will be made over the next few weeks. Cheques will be sent to the first priority kept on our school information system.
We will not be able to run Certificate Evening for the same reason as the cancellation of the Summer Ball. However, you do need to come to school to collect your GCSE Certificates.
We are proposing the following format:
- Certificates will be available for collection on Thursday 19th November between 5pm – 7pm. The latest we will allow entry to the Hall will be 7pm.
- Mrs Feliks Matthews will meet you under the covered area.
- Small numbers (4 – 6 students) will then be allowed into the Hall to collect your certificates. We will also have Art, Textiles, Graphics and Photography folders for collection.
- Once collected we would ask that you leave the site promptly.
- If you are unable to attend you will need to contact Mrs Robinson and arrange for a time to collect your certificates from reception. We would need at least 24hrs notice to make the relevant arrangements. Please email email@example.com to notify us of this request.
Please be aware that your pre-ordered Year books will be available for collection on that night also. If you would like a copy and haven’t ordered it, then please contact Mrs Feliks-Matthews on 02392 823766 ext 247 by Friday 6th November. Payment of £8 will also need to be made by the same date. This will have to be by cash at the School Reception.
It is vitally important that you collect your certificates from School. They will be needed for future job or University applications. You will need to keep them safe because replacements can only be obtained directly from the Examination Boards at a cost of between £40 – £50 each.
If you have any further questions then please contact the school or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mr S Wilkinson