Free School Meals ProvisionLast update: 2021-03-29
Should any families be impacted by Covid over this term or experience other similar problems please email:
Free School Meals Edenred Supermarket Vouchers (Update 29th March 2021)
The Local Authority have provided all our families who are entitled to free school meals to a £30 Edenred Supermarket voucher to cover the Easter period. £30 per eligible student, £60 for two students £90 for three students. Please look out for the e-code within your email address provided to the school during the week commencing the 5th April.
Use of Bursary 2020-2021
As you may be aware last year the school received additional finances to support students who are eligible for free school meals. This money has been used in a variety of ways which you can view via the school website. I am pleased to inform you that the government has funded this again for the current year. It is highly unlikely that this funding may stop next year.
Once again we have decided that it would be beneficial to give parents a ‘bursary’ which they could use at their discretion for the specific needs for the education of their child. This was successful last year in supporting the learning of many students.
We have increased the bursary which now amounts to £110 and is available for parents to use during this academic year. (This money cannot be given directly to parents) but spent in school at the request of parents. However, if the technology or building fund has not been paid for this academic year this will be deducted from the bursary.
For example, the bursary could be used to:
- contribute towards the cost of uniform.
- supplement the cost of a school trip.
- pay for specific school related resources.
- pay for work experience (Year 10 only).
- go towards paying the school building fund or technology.
- contribution towards music tuition.
- other agreed expenditure.
As a public funded organisation the school is accountable for the money and must be able to demonstrate proof of expenditure via a receipt. I am aware that some support has already been given to parents via their bursary. All bursary money needs to be spent by Friday 2nd July 2021. To access the bursary there is a claim form which needs to be completed prior to any money allocated. (Transactions must total over £10 per claim form).
If you wish to use your bursary at any time during the academic year or have any further questions please contact the Finance Office on 023 9282 3766 extension 234 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org or your child’s Pastoral Leader.
This bursary will only be available during this academic year and I hope that it will help support you in some appropriate way.
Free School Meals (how to apply for FSM)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit only, provided your annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190. Anyone entitled to Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free meals regardless of income
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Universal Credit, if your earned income was £616.67 or less in your last monthly assessment period, or less than an average of £616.67 a month over the last 2 or 3 monthly assessment periods
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals please continue to complete this form or by clicking here to complete an online application directly through the LEA.